So I'm still waiting for my owl letter...but I'm totally packaged and ready to go to Hogwarts when it comes. You with me? awesome. In the meantime, we muggles can still make a little magic of our own, with some paper and a little imagination :) These little DIY treat boxes are perfect for that Harry Potter party I know you've been dying to have. Or just as a sweet gift for a muggle friend in need of some cheering up. You'll also be happy to hear I've designed these boxes to be super simple to assemble so there will be no need to slave away like a house elf!
Keep reading for the PDF templates and assembly instructions>>
- Printer & ink
- 8.5" by 11" white card stock ( 65lb)
- Glue stick or double sided tape.
- Set to a high quality print setting to avoid streaking.
Print templates onto letter sized white card stock. Cut around each template.
- Let's begin with Hedwig's cage. Start by creasing all the edges and folding the sides inwards.
- Apply glue or double-sided tape to the tabs.
- Fold the tabs in to form the box. Insert your goodies!
- Hook the front and back top tabs together and it's ready to gift!
- Next it's time to make Harry's trunk. Crease all the edges and tabs.
- Apply glue or double-sided tape to tabs 1 and 2.
- Fold in the tabs to form the bottom of the box.
- Apply glue or double-sided tape to tabs 3 and 4.
- Fold in the tabs to form the lid of the box.
- Insert goodies and it's ready to gift!
- Lastly it's time to make Harry's parcel! Apply glue or double-sided tape to tab 1.
- Fold in the tab to meet the opposite side of the box.
- Apply glue or double-sided tape to tabs 2, 3 and 4.
- Fold over the bottom flap.
- Insert Every Flavor Jelly Beans..or regular jelly beans for the less adventurous :P.
- Now your parcel is all ready to send to Hogwarts!
Yay! that wasn't so hard. And now you have all these cute boxes to share with your Potter Pals :)
Thanks for following along with me again this week! It's because of you guys that I stay motivated to make these crafty things. If you like this post please share it, if you're a pinner than please pin it.
Don't forget you can find us on Pinterest and Instagram if you'd like to see what's new. And if you like free stuff...I'm assuming you do, you're welcome to join our monthly newsletter, which always has a surprise printable freebie!
*Just a reminder, all printable templates provided on this site are for personal use only. Thanks!